Recently I was asked by Kidspot to answer the following five questions. So I did. But then I needed clarification, so I had to ask myself some more questions. And then I got rather hostile, which caused me to get confused. And the following interview was born:
1. Why did you start blogging?
- Well, to be honest, I started my blog because my many, many fans were begging me to do so. They can’t get enough of me.
- Really? What fans are they?
- Why do you ask? Are you implying I don’t have any fans???
- No, I just...
- I have tons of fans! And you know, I’ve been blogging for only two years and I’ve already made heaps of money!
- Wow. Can you tell me a bit about earning money from blogging?
- Why do you ask? Are you implying I haven’t made money from my blog?
- No! I was just wondering....
- I got some movie tickets last year, you know!! And a free pass to go bowling!!!
- Er... great! Moving on....
2. What makes you keep blogging?
- I have to say, it’s the beautiful feedback I get from my readers. I'm constantly getting emails telling me how I've changed people's lives, and I find that so deeply rewarding.
- So in what ways do they say you’ve changed their life?
- Oh.... you know... lots of ways. Important ways.
- Can you give me an example?
- Of course I can.
- Will you give me an example?
- What, now?
- That’d be good.
- Um... okay... Once a woman wrote to tell me she'd laughed so hard at my blog that she broke her collar bone.
- No, not really, but she laughed very hard, and she had brittle bones, so it could have happened.
- I see. So...
3. How do you find the inspiration to blog?
- I know what you’re doing here. You’re accusing me of plagiarism, aren’t you?
- I don't know what you're talking about.
- Listen, that’s never even been proven! It was her word against mine and quite frankly I think we both know who is most credible here. Did you read that blog post on her “condition”? VERY unstable, she is.
- Seriously, I wasn't referring to...
- And besides, when are you people going to let me move on? You’re just so.... so PETTY.
- Kerri, I honestly just wanted to know...
- Do you know how hard it is, coming up with new topics, day after day after day? It’s a nightmare!!!
- I believe you! Er... so tell me...
4. How do you overcome blogger's block?
- I steal from other people’s blogs, of course!
- Ha! Only joking. Nah, I actually do some meditation. I look inwards and find inspiration from within my soul.
- Wow, really?
- God no. Mediation’s for wimps! Nah, I just drink heavily and cry a bit and wait for the darkness to pass.
- Gee. That sounds pretty grim.
- You are SO gullible! I mean, sure, I drink heavily, but I do that most nights anyway. But I don’t cry. Why would I cry over a blog post?
- Okay, for the last time, how DO you overcome blogger's block?
- Um... Oh lord, I seem to have drawn a blank. Can I, uh, get back to you on that?
5. What's been your best blogging experience to date?
- To be honest, the more I’ve blogged, the more inspired I’ve been to write. Last year I was so inspired that I actually wrote a book, a memoir of marriage and motherhood, called ‘When My Husband Does The Dishes’. It was recently published and it has been an incredibly exciting time for me.
- Wow. So being inspired to write a book has been your best blogging experience to date?
- No, not the best, but definitely the second best.
- Interesting. So what has been the best?
- Getting those free movie tickets. Do you know how expensive movie tickets are?