June 7, 2012

Meet The Lingerie Author

This morning I had a revelation. I was listening to an interview with two of the bunnies athletes from the Lingerie Football team touring Australia. They totally won me over. You see, I had thought they were just glorified Pussycat Dolls who can't actually sing (which, to be fair, doesn't really distinguish them from the real Pussycat Dolls), but it turns out they are much more than that.

Apparently Lingerie footy is a totally serious sport, and the only reason they wear undies lingerie is that 'society has made it necessary to market things like that.'

And that's when it hit me. Of COURSE! That makes perfect sense! Society has said that sex sells, so the only way to get men to a women's footy game is to put the women in sexy knickers. It's so obvious. I mean, sure, you could refuse to demean youself just because 'that's what society is like'. And sure you could consider that by buying into it, you are creating society, rather than the other way around.

But that's just silly philosophising. And I don't have room in my head for all that kind of stuff. It's man's work.

They are, like, totally right. Sex sells. I mean, just think how much better my books would sell if I sexed it up a bit? I've been going about this all wrong. I've been relying on stupid things like talent and hard work to get me through. I've thought that wit and insight and well constructed sentences would me a readership, when really what I should have been doing all along was donning a g-string and hopping on the panty train.

But it's never too late. For now I have learned. Finally, I have seen the light. From this day forward I shall be writing in nipple tassles and shaking my little toosh on the keyboard.

Lingerie Reading


People, I give you..... the Lingerie Author.
Lingerie Writing



Lingerie Brainstorming




20 comments:

  1. I love watching women sports, my daughter is a professional squash player and squash has been down that road where the girls were wearing tight skimpy outfits to get recognition. It all makes me angry, women like to watch women in sport for their talent and athletic ability so why do they have to try and reach men by making it look sexy ...sex sells ....ahhhgg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! That last photo's just so ... wrong. Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mrs Catch- the last photo is SO wrong. The typewriter totally should've been gold too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOLD! Where do I buy your books? Do they come with a bonus set of nipple tassels?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's sad is my husband would probably appreciate my creative endeavours so much more if only I adopted this wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like all professional brainstormers, your head looks like it will be up your own arse in a minute if you're not careful there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your brainstorming made me snort! Loudly! I can never look at you the same again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMFG...I've been doing yoga for 15 years and now I learn you're more supple than me *flicks hair, spins nipple tassels and huffs off*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have watched it once for five minutes last year and thought it was boring but in their defence the Womens Beach volleyball at the Olympics wear smaller clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By coincidence, I'm reading this blog in my underwear

    ReplyDelete
  11. it wouldn't appeal to me Kerri!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kerri, I will totally buy your next book, if you promise to illustrate it like that. I don't care what it's about......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kerri, I found the last photo ... strangely attractive.

    ME: "Hon, would you go see Lingerie Football?"
    DAVE: (disgusted) "What's the use? It'd be like paying for a handjob."

    ReplyDelete
  14. My 18 year old daughter was sitting beside me while I was reading this hilarious post.She looked over as I viewed the last picture of you and asked me what on earth I was looking at.
    I said "oh thats just the author of the book you gave  me for mothers day"
    I cant describe the look on her face.
    Priceless.
    Thankyou for that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm guessing your mother has unsubscribed from your blog, then?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I brainstorm at the computer in that position ALL the time, except without the boots, I usually just wear my explorer socks. You. Me. Same.

    ReplyDelete
  17. would love to have seen what else THAT internet image search brought up. i'm living in fear that there are even those photos out there … remind me again why i decided to NOT go into advertising when i qualified as a graphic designer?  xt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a professional photoshopping job I'd never guess the pictures weren't really you!!! (Ahem!)

    I haven't read '50 Shades of Grey' but someone said it wasn't particularly well-written - it was all about the sex... so perhaps you do need to throw some racy scenes in to improve sales. Let's talk about sex baby...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is is bad that I looked at all your sexy pics and thought "shit I wish I had a typewriter like yours"? I am immune to sexy lingerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Love hearing from you.

Like it? Share it!