July 31, 2015

Things I Should Have Sorted by 40, But Haven't

I am 46. That is closer to 50 than 40. (And yes, you probably worked that out yourself, but I'm still coming to terms with it.) By now I should probably have worked out this Adulting gig. I've been doing it for a long, long long time.

But there are still things I haven't figured out, despite my advanced age: things I should have sorted by 40, but haven't.

  1. I am still searching for the ideal hair and skin care products. I have not yet accepted the reality that it's not the products that are imperfect, it is my hair and skin.
  2. I still let paperwork pile up in huge mounds around my house. I have tried 758,000 filing systems over the past three decades, and not one of them has eliminated the mounds.
  3. I still sometimes eat my feelings.
  4. I am still a sucker for clothing bargains and am forever purchasing non-returnable items on sale that I hate the minute I bring them home.
  5. I am still incredibly trusting, and get fooled by liars time and time again.
  6. I still bite my nails. Even my acrylic nails.
  7. I still run out of bread and milk all the time.
  8. I still confuse sex with love.
  9. I still don't have a formal exercise regime. Or even a casual exercise regime.
  10. I still lose my temper with the kids and regret it afterwards.
  11. I still don't know the capital cities of many countries in the world, despite really, truly trying to memorise them.
  12. I still don't have a signature dish. I don't even have a signature drink.
  13. I still fret if I don't get enough sleep.
  14. I still assume people are dead or angry with me if they don't text me back straight away.
  15. I still need therapy.
What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! Love hearing from you.

Like it? Share it!